Monday, August 24, 2015

First Year Anniversary Party of Bistro 1855 Suntec City


Thanks Vivien for the kind invitation to Bistro 1855's first year anniversary party =) Bistro 1855 is tucked away at Tower 4 of Suntec City (it's not too far from the former Carrefour premises at Suntec). For those who take the centre circle line, someone at our table mentioned that it's just steps away from Promenade Station. It has been quite some time since I last stepped into Suntec City so I'm quite surprised to see that most of the major renovations have been done and that many new shops have opened. 

Group Ceo, Mr. Patrick Sng, was giving his welcome speech to the guests when I arrived. We were served canapes and drinks while enjoying the live music performance from their resident band "Two Shades". There was sales promotion for selected wines, with up to 30% discount on top of the already affordable price tags. Thanks for the opportunity to try out some of Bistro 1855's signature dishes as well as wines. Do scroll down for my humble thoughts on some of the dishes served. 

Congratulations to Mr. Patrick Sng and team on your first anniversary! Check out the cute t-shirts that some staff were wearing: "Don't say we bojio" which translates loosely to mean that "don't say that we didn't extend an invite" ;p

Bustling scene at the first anniversary party of Bistro 1855 at Suntec City 

Yummy salmon toasties and Boston lobster rolls served. And that's an enthusiastic blogger trying to capture photos of the food ahead of everyone else...lol

The light and refreshing Salmon Toasties with swirls of Loch Duart Smoked Salmon served over crusty garlicky toast is one of my favorite dishes of the night; I'm a simple person and salmon always works for me. 

The refreshing serving from the ocean, "Boston Lobster Roll": Tangy citrus marinated Boston Lobster Laced tucked nicely atop freshly toasted soft bun. 

I thought that this Asian-fusion dish "Squid Ink Otah with Boston Lobster" is rather interesting. It's essentially home-made squid ink otah with chunks of lobster meat. Lobster dishes are gaining in popularity at the boutique events that I attend. But this is the first time that I have tried otah with such an unusual twist.

The Serrano Pork Cheek is simply yummy! Love how the slowly braised and tender pork cheek is served with creamy mash and specially mixed raspberry chili jam. This masterfully executed dish is definitely the culinary pride of Bistro 1855. You have to try this awesome dish!

Fresh Turkish Figs: These luscious Turkish Figs which are dressed with ricotta cheese and drizzles of Manuka honey are really very fresh and nice! This decadent dessert is for sure, a commitment piece after your meal.

Eclairs are always a welcome for the sweet-toothed.

Free flow of different wines and beer served for the party. I tried the different wines and personally prefer the one in the magnum bottle (apologies that I didn't note down the name of that particular red wine). Bumped into a lady who was waiting at this section and I'm happy to serve her drinks cos I can understand how busy the f&b situation can get and I always used to double up to serve guests at those events that I used to organize.

Group Ceo, Mr. Patrick Sng picking out winners during the lucky draw segment and he actually drew out his own card from the bowl. lol. Congratulations to the lucky winners who went home with bottles of wine and dining vouchers.

A toast at our table: Please pardon the messy table situation

Mr. Patrick Sng joining us for a table photo

Another group photo

Fun at the photo booth by Pixcaso Studio: Notice how I can still smile after getting hammered on the head? V. professional ya? lol. Thanks Bistro 1855 for the fun evening and lovely door gift.

Selfie time for narcissistic me ;p

And of course, me being me, wouldn't miss the opportunity to take a selfie with the pretty gold and silver balloons =D

And I took a wefie with Mr. Patrick Sng too =)

Congratulations once again and thanks Bistro 1855 for the lovely evening.

Bistro 1855 is located at:
Suntec City Tower 4, #01-643
3 Temasek Boulevard,
Singapore 038983

No comments: